Greenleaf native limestone Clubhouse

Greenleaf, Kansas


2006 Population 325

Welcome to Greenleaf, Kansas

Greenleaf is located one mile north of Kansas Highways 9 and 148 on Highway 199. Greenleaf is seven miles south of U.S. Highway 36.

Our Beginning: Greenleaf was founded and laid out in 1876 by the Central Branch of the Union Pacific Railroad. Greenleaf was named after A.W. Greenleaf. The railroad reached Geenleaf in December 1876. Greenleaf was considered the end of the main line until its extension in 1877.

Incorporated: Greenleaf became incorporated on September 6, 1880. The first election was held September 7, 1880.

Clubhouse: The native limestone Greenleaf Clubhouse was built in 1938 as a WPA project. Directly east of the Clubhouse is a native stone jail.

Events
May
Memorial Day Services
Food
American Legion
Specialty Stores
Twin Valley Thriftique
Lynes Unlimited Wooden Toys
Points of Interest
Bethlehem Lutheran - County
1938 WPA Clubhouse
St. Michael's Catholic Church - Kimeo
Native Stone Jail

Trinity Lutheran Church

City of Greenleaf Cemetery

Sacred Heart Catholic Church and Cemetery
The Sacred Heart Catholic Church is on the south edge of Greenleaf.
The red brick church is over 100 years old.
The cornerstone was laid in 1899.

Sacred Heart Catholic Church

Return to Index/Home Page